Saturday, 10 July 2010

Alice Got Her Neck Slashed in Wonderland!

I had the opportunity to work with Deadly Doll and MUA Tanya Barlow again. Way back in 2008 or 2009, it was a while ago, me and Deadly Doll decided to do an Alice theme that very year, but work commitments took over. Like many, I am a huge fan of Tim Burton's work and like many, decided to incorporate his style into my work. Tanya, the genius she is, came up with a cut throat idea in the form of a bloody slash! How very Sweeny Todd ;) It added the perfect finish to a very neat Alice! There are two characters thrown into Alice, the Queen of Hearts and Alice. The idea is based on how The Queen of Hearts yearns to influence and harm Alice! A little morbid ;)

It was the first time using another studio other than my own, which felt very strange. We hired Adrian Pini's studio for three hours, and doesn't time fly when you're having a good time! I'm very impressed with the equipment available, including the ProFoto lighting kit! I love the infinity cove, there's much space with the perfect curve! Adrian, was very helpful and friendly, if there was anything I needed, it wasn't a problem. I'm very happy to have found this studio!

We had Andi Gordon of Dark Romantics over, and got him roped into helping, as well as Tanya! Thanks for throwing the cards, and Andi, thanks for throwing them on the floor for me to pic up! :p Oh and thanks for giving me and Tanya a lift to the studio :)

The team have waited a while for these photos (Sorry!), the editing took a while and even longer, what with the London Transport suspending my tube lines! Here's the set below:


I am trying to do less conceptual work and something more plainer. I seem to spend more time in photoshop than with my camera. Instead, I am likely to do up to two pics per set. However, this is likely to backfire, because, for me the photos always seem incomplete! We will see how things turn out!

Here's the plain set from the same shoot:

The next shoot is on Friday with Tanya Barlow and Sam Beart :) Something very different from my usual style and I'm very excited! :) But, before that, lots more editing!

// Taya

Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment